EKOOK does its utmost to make sure that your privacy is protected. Any information that EKOOK might need you to provide, will be only used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What date we collect
We might need to collect the following information:
a) First and Last name
b) Contact information such as email address and telephone number
c) Population-related information such as postcode, preferences, personal interests
d) Information which might be useful in terms of customer surveys and/or offers or competitions,
e) Recipient's names, addresses regardless of the possibility to either send meals or not
f) IP address
g) information which has to do with the reviews that you leave on our website
h) Your preferences in terms of marketing communication
i) Details of the device from which you make payments
j) Your purchase history on our website
k) Your browsing history on our website.
How we collect data
There are some different ways in which we collect your information:
b) Correspondence (communication via telephone, email, post and so on)
Why we need your data
We use the information we gather to see how you use our website so as to:
1) understand whether or not our current website meets your needs
2) improve our website
3) provide better and better services to our customers
4) provide an excellent customer service
5) possibly send special offers or promotional emails that we think you might be interested in
6) carry out market research
7) to enhance safety on our website and app
Who we might share your information with
In order to provide our services, we might share your information with third parties such as:
1) Our supply partners, to make sure your order is processed as effectively as possible
2) Our marketing partners, to be able to offer the services we think you might be interested in
3) Our technology partners, to make sure our website is absolutely secure and able to work properly
4) Our professional services partners in order to comply with our legal obligations.
5) In case we sell the business or get insolvent, we might need to share the information with either the new business or their advisors.
6) If we ever became part of a group, to expand our business and provide new products and services, we might share the information with it.
7) We would cooperate with all third parties to enforce their intellectual property/other rights. We would also cooperate with law enforcement requests from within or outside your country of residence.
8) We might share the information with competition and brand partners, if you allowed us to do that.
9) At times, we might need to share the information with third parties outside the EU. In that case, we would make sure they were committed to meeting all the legal requirements in terms of data protection.
We are committed to safeguarding and securing your information, preventing any unothorised access, by applying all the necessary procedures.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are sent by a website and stored on your computer.
Basically they need companies to understand what your preferences are, by analysing the web traffic and letting them know when you visit a particular site.
That lets companies and web applications know how to customise their websites and services to suit your preferences and needs.
Nevertheless, if you prefer to block cookies, please find more information on how to do that here.
Here is a list of specific cookies we might use on our website:
Facebook ads, Facebook Connect, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mention Me, Pinterest, Rakuten, reviews.co.uk, Snapchat, Twitter.
The information collected through the cookies above, which are used to track our paid advertising and monitor the performance of our website, is completely anonymous and does not identify either specific individuals or their details.
Links to other websites
You may find links to other websites on our website. Still, after you have left our website to visit another one, we are not responsible for any possible lack of security and/or privacy there. Thus, please be careful when doing that.
Controlling your personal information
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will need to ask you to verify your identity before we can go any further. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. It might take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex. We would keep you updated anyway.
Managing Your Information. You can access your account settings and amend/update your information.
Amendment of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to amend inaccurate as well as incomplete personal information about you.
Data Access and Portability. You have the right to ask for copies of your personal information that we hold. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where applicable/technically feasible).
Data Retention and Erasure. We ususally hold your personal information for six years after your last active use of our website or app (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations).
If you prefer not to let us keep your information, you can ask for erasing your personal information and close your EKOOK Account. Please note that erasing your personal information may imply as follows:
1) We may retain some of your personal information for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention.
2) We may retain and use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
3) Furthermore, some copies of your information may be hold in our database but they would not have to do with any personal identifiers
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
We usually count on consent as a legal basis to process your personal information for third parties marketing communications only. Please be aware that you can withdraw your consent whenever you wish to, by sending a communication to EKOOK, specifying exactly which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that, even if you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent. Also, please be advised that you have the right to limit how we use your personal information, in particular where (i) there ia a lack of accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful; (iii) even if we no longer need your personal information, but you need the information for legal claims
Objection to Processing and Profiling. You can ask EKOOK not to process your personal information for some purposes when based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing EKOOK will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate that we need to compel that for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Data Security. The security of your data is extremely important to us and we will therefore we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our website. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers, and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We make sure that our systems are regularly monitored/checked.
Lodging Complaints. You have the right to compel about how we process data before the Information Commissioner's Office. Please read: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. If you decided to give us the possibility to discuss that before you approach the ICO, that would be much appreciated and do not hesitate to contact us.
If you allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com, or by changing your communication preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, we have to do that by law or it is required for the provision of our services as detailed above. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.